Trending Now: The Tan and Baby Blue Homewares Edit
Today’s tan and baby blue homewares edit is brought to you by the letters O-M-G.
Who knew that these two shades could look so phenomenal together? It’s often not until you see a photo (like the one above from Kmart) that you realise just how magical two tones can look side by side.
I’ve been doing a lot of other trend edits on the blog lately (tropical luxe was divine, navy and copper was everything, and black and gold was hot to trot), but I think this one could be my fave so far.
There will be more of course, so let me know if there’s a colour combo you adore and I’ll put a mood board together for you!
Tan and Baby Blue Homewares
Tan and baby blue together in a room bring such a sense of contrast to the space. The soft blue is so light and innocent and youthful, while the tan is so strong and grounded and somewhat masculine. I love the two playing off one another.
A lot of the tan products on the marker at the moment are leather, which is divine. Leather has had such a resurgence in the homewares space of late and I’m loving it. But the good news is that the baby blue products keep the look from going too moody and heavy.
Outside of the leather, look to tan tones in other elements too, like in storage bags and boxes, blonde timber tables and beds, and light-toned flooring. Even tan frames around artworks is a nice idea.
Other colours to bring in
Of course, the room can’t be full of tan and baby blue homewares alone. You need other colours in the mix to give the room some variance.
Here are a few ways to can work other tones into the mix:
- White is a no brainer and will keep the setting feeling light and airy
- Soft grey tones are a nice idea to introduce as well
- Dark browns will also work well here, but steer clear of black
- Dusty pinks in cushions and throws won’t look out of place in this look
- Gold accents will take the look in a luxe direction
Half the fun with colour at home is experimenting, so don’t be afraid to grab some cheaper decor items and work them into the mix. You might come up with a brand new colour combo you never knew you loved!
Shop the Tan and Baby Blue Mood Board
Simple click on the retailer links below and shop your fave tan and baby blue homewares!
- Cockatiel Framed Art Print – Click to Shop
- Laundry Hamper coming soon to Freedom
- Thomas Cloud Upholstered Bedhead – Click to Shop
- Pencil Case in Pale Blue – Click to Shop
- Miller Leather Drawer Pulls – Click to Shop
- Axel Leather Love Seat – Click to Shop
- Lolito Armchair in Light Blue – Click to Shop
- Huxley Table Lamp – Click to Shop
- Harley Cushion in Tan – Click to Shop
- Cotton Sheet Set in Blue – Click to Shop
- Leather Portfolio – Click to Shop
- Wall Insulated Bottle in Blue – Click to Shop
Want Discounts from your fave Stores?
If you love interiors and all things decorating, why not come join my private Facebook group?
Coming into the group let’s you chat with other interior lovers, get design advice from me and other members on the daily, AND I share exclusive discount codes with you for your favourite retails.
Join here and come have some fun with us!