How to Style and Shop The Jungalow Interiors Trend
I’ve been a bit infatuated with The Jungalow interiors trend for a little while now.
The term, concept and look here comes from designer, artist and author Justina Blakeney, whose website The Jungalow is all about laid-back Bohemian living. Justina believes that creativity is the key to having an amazing home (I couldn’t agree more!) and her approach to design focuses on the celebration of colour, pattern and plants.
The Jungalow interiors trend is best described in that way, actually; rocking pattern, enjoying colour, owning a sh*tload of plants, and celebrating all things bohemian.
The images above and below illustrate just how amazing this look is, and I hope you’re loving it as much as I am! Let’s find out a little more about how to rock this look…
Style the Jungalow Interiors Trend
Getting The Jungalow interiors trend right is first and foremost about understanding the style origins. The foundation here is predominantly bohemian, coastal and Moroccan.
Once you start tapping into that style, you can pick up decor and furniture from other styles and bring that into the mix. What’s so good about this look is that it is a little ‘anything goes’. It’s relaxed and doesn’t take itself seriously at all.
Warning: do ensure the look is made up of mostly boho and Moroccan design – with a touch of coastal – or you’ll lose your way.
Go Wild with Colour & Pattern!
In terms of exact colour options, it’s kinda up to you. There are no hard and fast rules here. In the imagery above you can see that it’s quite a mix of brights and neutrals. And pattern is wildly celebrated too.
I would veer toward using vibrant pops of colour, otherwise the room will just look coastal-bohemian (like in this post), and you want to move away from that.
Lastly, a tonne of indoor plants are your friend here. Mix real ones and artificial varieties together if you please. More is more, though, so don’t be shy with your greenery!
If you need some indoor plant ideas that are almost impossible to kill, this post has you covered.
Shop The Jungalow Interiors Trend
Below I’ve popped all the links to the products featured in the mood board above. So if you see a piece you’ve just gotta have, you’re only a few clicks away from securing it!
- Astrid Planter from Lorraine Lea – Click to Shop
- Tan Moroccan Pouffe from Cush & Co – Click to Shop
- Cityscape Night Indigo Cushion from Sparkk – Click to Shop
- Moroccan Diamond Rug from Temple & Webster – Click to Shop
- Mid-Century Futon Sofa from West Elm – Click to Shop
- Moroccan Cushion in Red from Pony Rider – Click to Shop
- SYMCKA Artificial Monstera Leaf from IKEA – Click to Shop
- Al Mansour Urn from Kasbah Imports – Click to Shop
- Large Basket from Barefoot Gypsy – Click to Shop
- Monstera Stem in Glass Vase from Cranmore Home – Click to Shop
- Sienna Console Cabinet from Interiors Online – Click to Shop
- Hudson Peacock Chair from Temple & Webster – Click to Shop
Have you found some products lately that would fit The Jungalow interiors trend perfectly? I’d love to hear where you got them from in the comments below!