Everyday Inspo: A Coastal Design Scheme Inspired by Melbourne Graffiti
I’m a firm believer in being inspired by the everyday. I think if you look hard enough, you can pretty much use anything in your everyday life (even the seemingly mundane) to inspire an interior design scheme.
It could be a tree you pass on the way to work, a piece of jewellery you wear all the time, an old bowl you have at home, or in my case – random moments I see when I’m out running. And sometimes you’re not sure why these moments appeal to you, or why they move you, but they do.
These moments are what I call Everday Inspo – and you should use them to inspire room designs in your home!
Sometimes you have to train your eye to see the design potential in a random moment, which is why I’m starting a new segment on the blog called Everyday Inspo. Each week I’ll take an image and show you how to can use it to inspire and interior design moodboard.
Play Along on Instagram!
- Tag me into an image that inspires you in your everyday life.
- Use the hashtag #EverydayInspo.
- Loop me into the pic @tlifecreative
- I’ll pick an image each week and show you how to turn it into a mood board!
The Everyday Inspo
This week I’m creating a coastal design mood board based off a piece of graffiti I found in Richmond when I was out for a run last week. The gorgeous green and yellow colour palette really spoke to me and stopped me in my tracks.
The Stylised Interpretation
Love the vibrant, summery colours in this shot from Metricon’s LookBook. It’s of their Resort interior design scheme and I can’t get enough of it.
Check out the stockist info below if you’re keen to shop any of the products I’ve used in my Urban Coastal design scheme.
1. Vidgis Cushion from IKEA.
2. Pillars Cushion by K&T Home.
3. Hold it Pot from Target.
4. Concrete Candle by TANDA.
5. Tropical Rush art from Urban Road.
6. Mackenzie floor rug from Freedom.
7. Soho Sofa from OZ Design.
8. Lima coffee table from Clickon Furniture.
9. Paper Bag from Hunting for George.
10. Kit Lamp from OZ Design.
>>> What are you loving most about this week’s Everyday Inspo? What’s your fave product from the mood board above? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
This post includes images and/or videos of Metricon display homes and events, reproduced with permission. © Metricon Homes Pty Ltd 2016.