Have you ever walked into a space and felt taken aback by how luxurious it looks and feels? It usually happens to me at hotels like the gorgeous one I stayed in in Dubai (talk about grandeur), but most-recently it happened when I step foot inside one of the Metricon Homes display homes in Point Cook and laid eyes on their stunning new Lookbook design scheme, Black Label.
This new interior trend is enough to convert a colour lover like me to pare it all back, and I reckon you’re going to find it pretty special too. What’s so good about the aesthetic here is that it feels timeless, elegant and high-end, but you can achieve the look without spending a fortune.
See below for tips on how to rock Black Label at home!
How to pull off this Monochromatic Look
- Hunt out dark timber furniture. It’ll keep the look warm and welcoming but really add a solid base for you to layer accessories and soft furnishings over.
- Introduce oversized furniture but ensure the pieces have clean lines and a neutral colour palette. This keeps the space feeling understated and classic.
- Decorate with texture rather than colour. Think marble, porcelain, stone, grey-tint mirrors, bronze, brass and glass. They’ll make the room feel sophisticated.
- Down the colour and up the pattern. This look is really subdued in colour, so bring interest to the space with patterned rugs, cushions, curtains and some interest art. Geometrics are best.
- Soften the space and bring some femininity to it by ensuring you decorate with flowers. Florals like magnolias or orchids are perfect here.
Watch the video below for insider tips:
Are you loving Black Label? Drop a comment below and let me know what you think of this look from Metricon Homes!
This post includes images and/or videos of Metricon display homes and events, reproduced with permission. © Metricon Homes Pty Ltd 2016.