The Most Stylish way to Express Gratitude at Home
I’ve been really conscious of gratitude lately. Or more specifically, trying to look at the positives in life.
Without cracking out the smallest violin in the world, running a small business is tough. Trying to be an ‘influencer’ is tough (god I hate the term ‘influencer’). Trying to get a gig on TV is tough. And trying to keep all the moving parts of multiple design jobs going is bloody hard. And it can often get you down and overwhelm you if you don’t keep perspective.
I read a book recently called Change your Thinking, in the hopes it would, as the title suggests, help banish my stress, worry and negative thoughts. And it has helped a fair bit. Ever since I finished the book, I’ve been waking up most days actively mindful of what I’m grateful for. What a change this practice makes to your psyche!
I sometimes say what I’m grateful for out loud to my partner or the cats (and yes, it is perfectly normal to talk to your pets. And yes, I’m certain they understand what I’m saying). But often I just sit with my thoughts and take stock of where I’m at, what I’ve achieved, and what I feel lucky to have in my life.
So I thought I’d share what I’m grateful for with you, and get you to share your list in the comments below!
10 Things I’m Grateful for
- The Real Housewives: New York, Beverly Hills and the OC specifically. This is not a joke. The love is real.
- My partner Gavin for supporting me in the early stages of the biz. He now works with me as my operations manager #madeit
- TLC blog readers. That’s you. My cats have been kept fed and fat thanks to your readership (and so have I. Diet starts tomorrow!).
- Industrie chinos. Because seriously, those waistbands do not buckle under pressure and the buttons are solid (see above re weight gain).
- A house, that I finally own, that I can do whatever I want it (just have to convince Gav to let me wallpaper rooms).
- Clients that let me do what I want. When they trust you to install cloth wallpaper, for example, it makes my day.
- My health. At 35 I’ve had no scares of any sort, and am able enough to exercise regularly.
- To have had the opportunity to author a book. It was always my dream since I was a kid and it happened.
- Good lighting and makeup on video shoots. If you saw me ‘regularly’ on the street you’d barely recognise me lol
- My two cats who love me. And I them. Even when they drop colossal-sized dumps in the litter trays. Awww!
Stylish Gratitude Jars you can Rock at Home
The images in this post are of the amazing glass Gratitude Jars which you can purchase here. I stumbled across this Aussie brand the other day and thought, how fricken cute are these? I knew I had to show them to you, and I knew you’d like the concept. They also have jars for weddings so your guests can leave notes for you. Awesome huh?
I know that you can, like me, just be mindful of gratitude each day, or write it down in a book, but the idea of a gratitude jars takes the concept a step further and I really like the idea. Especially good for a family with kids. I imagine you could make a ritual out of it. I would try with my cats but they haven’t got their pen licenses yet.
What are you Grateful for?
I’d love to know what you’re grateful for if you’d care to share it below. I’d also be keen to know how you manage to stay positive and avoid negative thoughts. It’s so easily for the stress and worry and anxiety to creep into our thoughts, don’t you reckon? Would love to know how you combat it all and if you have tips to share.