If you’ve seen my Instagram stories of late, you’d know that I’m on a mission to visit bricks and mortar stores more often. Don’t get me wrong; online shopping is great. But there’s nothing quite like going into a retailer and getting up close and personal with the furniture and decor possibilities.
To get you on board, I’ve teamed up with Springvale Homemaker Centre to give away a whopping $5000 Springvale Homemaker Centre Gift Card, plus an in-centre shopping spree with me by your side to dish out all the styling advice you need! I know right; it’s phenomenal. And I can’t wait to shop up a storm with you. Cushions and candles, here we come!
Everything ‘Home’, All in One Place
Before I get into the competition details, I wanted to share some big interior design trends for Autumn with you. The good news is that they’re easy to rock at home. The even better news is that you can shop every single piece at Springvale Homemaker Centre.
What I love about the centre is that it has all the stores you need in one place, under one roof. So if you want to give your entire home a refresh, you can do it in one hit. The centre also has cafes, of course. Because any good shopping spree requires a pit-stop half-way through. That reminds me; I must check if there’s a store that serves champers. Am I right?
Anyway, let’s take a look at two of my fave interior looks for the months ahead, to give you some ideas and inspo on what you might put your $5000 towards!
Two Big Interior Trends at Springvale Homemaker Centre
Homes are celebrating a move toward a more luxe vibe of late. But you don’t have to go in a gawdy, bling-filled direction if it’s not your style.
Instead, embrace the look that I’m calling Lady Luxe. It’s feminine, it’s sophisticated, and it features a great balance of colours and materials. It’s everything your home needs for winter and beyond. Lemme give you some quick pointers below to get this look right!
How to Rock Lady Luxe:
- Embrace moody jewel tones like emerald and sapphire
- Ground the look with soft grey and black furniture & decor
- Look to textures like velvet, faux fur and cowhide
- Pops of gold are essential, as is coloured glass
- Embrace tufted furniture to elevate the luxe feel
- Florals are big here; both literally and in artworks
- Soft pink and white can be used to keep the look modern
Fiiinally, there’s an interior design scheme that has ‘Aussie’ written all over it. But before you crack out the Croc Dundee DVD, let me point out that this is a slick, modern look. We’re not going bush here!
What I love about this vibe is that it’s so soothing to the eye, it’s tactile to the touch, and it’s a design approach that’ll last for years to come.
This look is a super-versatile scheme too. Here are some quick-fire tips to nail it at your place.
How to rock Modern Australiana:
- Let soft grey and cream tones be your foundation here
- Atop that, drizzle over decor in soft greens like olive and sage
- Pair those with deep burgundy shades, burnt terracottas, and blush
- Opt for furniture with visible wood grain, and in warm timber tones
- Textures are key here; woven baskets, macrame, concrete and glazed pots
- Finish the look with native flowers if you wish, or artificial plants
Win a $5000 Gift Card & Shopping Spree with Me!
Now that you have some ideas of what’s hot in the world of interiors this year (and where to get the look), it’s time for me to give you the lowdown on the competition…
Entering the competition is simple. Just follow these steps and you’re set:
- Head into the Springvale Homemaker Centre and grab an entry from from a participating retailer.
- The centre is located on the corner of Princes Highway & Westall Road in Springvale.
- Fill out the entry form and pop it in the barrel outside Nick Scali.
- The winner will be announced at the end of May.
- From there, I’ll give you a call to talk over what you want to achieve with your $5000 gift card, and set up a time to shop. Too easy!
Keep in mind: Although I have put together two interior looks here, you’re welcome to spend the $5000 on whatever products you like from participating stores, so let your imagination run wild. IKEA is not a participating retailer in this comp.
Comp runs from 6 March until 27 May. Please see the Springvale Homemaker Centre for terms and conditions: http://springvalehomemakercentre.com.au/