Boho style is taking over the nation. Or should I say, it took over the nation a while ago and you’re all still going mad for it. Which you have every reason to be doing, btw.
So it makes perfect sense that I share some of my fave bohemian decor ideas with you in this post. I figure if you live for this style at home you probably already have a lot of the major furniture pieces. But finding those perfect smaller items that complete the look is often the tricky part.
I find the easiest way to find really unique pieces is to look beyond the major retailers. Don’t get me wrong, in my mood board below you’ll see a number of the main players’ products included. But sometimes you gotta hunt in smaller, undiscovered places. That’s often where the magic is.
But I know… hunting out these little gems can be such a drain. Which is why I’m thinking this post will be your saviour. I’ve done all the hard work for you, so the only finger you have to lift is the one on your mouse, phone or tablet. You know, the fingers that ‘adds to card’ and punches in your credit card details.
So let’s take a look at my 20 fave bohemian decor ideas below. I truly hope you see something that makes your heart sing and your home shine. You deserve it, and life is short, so shop away!
Shop the Mirror Above: I love the glorious Tate Arched Mirror showcased at the top fo this post, don’t you? It’s a beauty from Temple & Webster.
The Bohemian Decor Ideas Mood Board
I’ll pop the links below to all the gorgeous bohemian homewares you see above, so you can add them to your own home with just a few simple clicks.
I’ll list them from top left moving across the board horizontally:
- Rattan Table Lamp from Kmart, $29
- Speckle Ceramic Oil Burner from Target, $5
- White and Natural Juju Hat from Jessi Eve, $450
- Earth’s Rainbow Print from Olive Et Oriel, from $9.95
- Three Piece Tray Set from Temple & Webster, $179
- Hand Carved Angel Wings from eBay, $61
- Scales Pillar Holder from OZ Design, $89.95
- Vega Macrame Cotton Cushion from Layla Linen, $34.95
- Faux Suede Cushion from Target, $16
- Shari Table Runner from OZ Design, $49.95
- Round Ombre Basket from Kmart, $1.50
- Natural Wood Bead Garland from Fishpond $24.97
- Pampas Grass Photo Print from The Print Emporium, from $29
- Abacus Pendant Garland Pair from Interiors Online, $99
- Tufted Rug from Kmart, $25
- Amalfi Bohemian Photo Frame from Amazon, $20.85
- Boho Babe Bouquet from Gather Australia, $95
Our bohemian decor ideas extravaganza isn’t over yet. Scroll on for a few more top must-haves from a recent brand I’ve discovered that is nailing it on the boho homewares front.
Bohemian Decor Ideas from Seeya Collection
So I recently stumbled across an Aussie boho brand called Seeya Collection and I am loving their vibe. The owner of the biz, Sharon, started the brand as a hobby and it’s blossomed into a fully-fledged business, which is amazing. I love a small biz success story, don’t you?
If bohemian decor is your jam then you’re going to love Seeya Collection. They stock a tonne of bohemian decor spanning product groups like rugs, cushions, throws, wall hangings, mirrors and coasters.
They even have an entire fashion section on their website too, which makes them a true boho lifestyle destination. You can give them a follow on Instagram here if you like. It’s a great way to keep across all their new releases.
I do love the charming Rattan Mirror Flower you see in their image above. Doesn’t it just make the nursery feel a thousand times more whimsical?
The Shag Rug with Glitter in the image is also from Seeya Collection and it is giving my heart palpitations in the best way possible. I really need to find me a client who wants a bohemian design style executed at their place so I can use all of these gorgeous products.
5 Cheats for Styling Bohemian Decor
I’ve given you plenty of bohemian decor ideas above, but we want to make sure you know how to style them once you’ve clicked ‘add to cart’ and they’ve been delivered to your door.
Here’s a few things to keep in mind when it comes to styling boho decor at yours:
- Think beyond white: neutral tones like beige, tan, camel, dusty grey all work well too
- Mix colours in vignettes: avoid a white candle on a white tray on a white table – it’s too repetitive!
- Play with pattern: subtle pattern, of course. Think a subdued stripe in bedding or a cushion
- Avoid clean lines: boho style is all about relaxed fluid shapes, so keep the look relaxed
- Group smaller objects on walls: it’s so boho to cluster a few pieces together
Are you loving the boho decor ideas I’ve showcased here? I’d love to know if you’ve shopped any of them. Drop me a comment below and share what you’re loving here.