10 of the Best Upholstered Bedhead and Frame Designs
I’m in the thick of it at the moment, specifying upholstered bedhead designs for a few of my client bedrooms (so much fun!). So, in the interest of sharing the love, I thought I’d reveal some of my fave styles with you today. I’m a giver like that!
In my own home, I’m just as obsessed with the idea of an upholstered bedhead. It brings such softness to a bedroom. And in so many cases, it elevates the room and makes it feel more sophisticated.
The other bonus an upholstered bedhead design brings to a room is variety. Often, bedrooms have bedsides, a tallboy, chest of drawers etc all in the same material. Throwing in a bed in the same finish can feel like a timber overload. But when you throw in some upholstery, you create a divine sense of balance.
Enough jibber-jabber from me though. Let’s take a look at 10 of the best upholstered bedhead designs and frames below. As always, I’ve included a variety of skimp and splurge options so all budgets are covered. I’ve ranked them from lowest price point to highest too. Enjoy!
10 of the Best Upholstered Bedhead & Frame Designs
Erika Headboard from Amart Furniture
Let’s start with the lowest cost item of all the upholstered bedhead designs; the gorgeous Erika headboard. Amart Furniture has loads of bargains in the way of furniture and decor for the bedroom and other pockets. And this hotel-inspired bedhead is no different. Love the subdued colour story, and love the clean lines. A total elegance-for-less moment if you ask me.
- Price: An absolute skimp at just $249!
- Worth Noting: Comes with a three-year guarantee
- Shop it: Click here to buy Erika
Maison Bedhead from Adairs
Be still my beating heart! If you’re a lover of a pink bedroom scenario, you’re going to be gagging over this sublime bedhead from Adairs. The Maison features a striking diamond pattern that’ll give your bedroom a distinct focal point. Pair it with some white or soft grey bedding and you’ve created a bedroom scene that perfectly taps into the romance interiors trend. Time to pop on the Barry White!
- Price: A very reasonable $299.99
- Worth Noting: This headboard has a matching chair, which is just as lush
- Shop it: Click here to grab Maison for yourself.
Arch Bedhead from Brosa
Is it just me or are you also getting some serious retro vibes from this beauty? It’s available from Brosa, which is an awesome website I source loads of products from for my clients. This design is a fave of mine for a kids or tween bedroom. When it comes to upholstered bedhead designs, does it get more fun and whimsical than this? The answer is nuh-uh!
- Price: Not bad for $399.99 right?
- Worth Noting: This is part of a final sale so get in quick!
- Shop it: Click here to get all over the Arch bedhead.
Louie Queen Bedhead from Early Settler
How do you spell grandeur? Simple: L-O-U-I-E! This Louie headboard has regality written all over it, and if you’re into a luxe-looking boudoir, you’ve gotta snap this one up. Not only does it feature gorgeous button detailing, but it comes in a divine royal blue colourway. Throw in some gold accessories and you have yourself a classy place to rest your head at night.
- Price: Only $699 for all that grandeur!
- Worth Noting: This sits at 160cm tall, so it’s going to be impactful
- Shop it: Click here to score Louie for your own Boudoir.
Upholstered Sleigh Bed from West Elm
I quite fancy a bed that feels like a cocoon. You know, something that feels like it’s hugging you when you climb into it. This sleigh bed from West Elm gives off seriously cuddly vibes, and yet it still looks absolutely chic. The soothing grey upholstery only adds to the sense of calm and serenity. I’ll take my tea and scones in the bedroom immediately thanks!
- Price: Starts at $749.99 for a queen
- Worth Noting: West Elm’s deluxe delivery means they unpack it all for you
- Shop it: Score Louie for your own Boudoir here
Kennedy Stitch Bedhead from Globewest
That gorgeous blue colour story rears its beautiful head again. But this time, the feeling is less regal and more contemporary. This is a fun design that would be right at home in a guest bedroom, teenage boys room, or even an adult space that doesn’t take itself too seriously. It’s a look you can dress up or down, so it gets my vote on versatility alone. Totally worth the splurge.
- Price: This beauty is yours for $1215
- Worth Noting: This bad boy comes in three moody colours
- Shop it: Take a look at it for yourself here.
Dustin Bed Frame from Interior Secrets
You know how you sometimes want to add a pop of colour in your bedroom but bold tones feel too scary? I hear you! The solution is to bring in an upholstered bedhead design like this one. You get a little dash of hue without it screaming at you. And when the bed frame in question features tufting like this one, how could you say no?
- Price: Secure this blue beauty for $1221
- Worth Noting: Usually ships within two to three business weeks
- Shop it: Click here to grab this bed for your room.
Elwood Upholstered Bedhead from Forty Winks
There’s something about the black stitching on the cream upholstery that has my heart racing like I just ran a marathon. So chic, so simple, totally on trend, and yet pretty timeless at the same time. If you’re into a minimal vibe in your bedroom, I reckon the Elwood design from Forty Winks is winner winner chicken dinner. Yes it’s a splurge, but you deserve it!
- Price: Totally worth the splurge at $1249
- Worth Noting: The base of this bed is sold separately
- Shop it: Click here to secure Elwood for your room.
Lincoln Bedhead from Heatherley Designs
I’m a bit excited about this Lincoln upholstered bedhead design. I just specified it for a client’s master bedroom and they said yes! So in a matter of weeks this gorgeous man is going to be sittin’ pretty in-situ. I cannot wait to see it in-the-flesh and style around it. This is a statement piece you’ll keep for years and years, so I say it’s totally worth the investment.
- Price: Invest in this beauty for $1350
- Worth Noting: Sizes range from single up to super kinh
- Shop it: Click here to find out more about Lincoln.
Peony Bed Frame from Domayne
Domayne is such a sublime treasure trove for stunning furniture. But the cheeky devils never publish their prices online, which is super frustrating. I’ve left this Peony bed frame design ’til last for that reason. It’s a personal fave of mine based on colour and shape, and I love how well it plays with white, brown, plum and beige tones. The thin legs make it feel super chic too, don’t you think?
- Price: Price is only available on request
- Worth Noting: Sizes range from king single to uber king
- Shop it: Click here for more on Peony.
Where’s your Upholstered Bedhead Design from?
Have you scored yourself an awesome upholstered bedhead design (or bed frame) lately? I’d love to know where you got it from! Share the love by commenting below and letting me know what store you got your divine find at. I’d love to hear from you, and other TLC readers will greatly appreciate your sharing too.