Your First Look: The Block Glasshouse
The time has come, Creatives; The Block Glasshouse is almost here – and you know that means more drama, design moments, tears, triumphs and the best part about the entire show; more puns than you can poke a block at! Here’s your first look at the new season.
Head honcho of the operation this season, as always, is Scott Cam, who says that this round of The Block is the show’s best one yet – with a Prahan location set to slay the sites of previous seasons.
“We broke records last series, but I think buyers are going to go even more ballistic for these apartments. The sheer size of each apartment come sale time will blow people away – including a 70-square metre storage unit and double underground car parking”.
Scott says that structural and design choices this time around are also more daring.
“We thought Sky High was the biggest, but this blows Sky High out of the water,” Scott says. “We have so much going on structurally with our demo work and over 100 guys on-site every day. It’s definitely the toughest for our contestants”.
And speaking of contestants, lets take a look at the five teams taking part in doing-over the abandoned 1980s office building.
1. Darren and Deanne. They’ve been married for 10 years and have two daughters. Darren is an ex-AFL footballer and Deanne is studying building. It’s a brain and braun combo that could give them the upper hand – and they claim they like to take chances!
2. Michael and Carlene. He’s a project manager and ex chippy, she’s a communications officer, which should mean she can put out a few fires should arguments arise in the Glasshouse. Married for 12 years, they have a son and daughter – and grand hopes to win big this season.
3. Maxine and Karstan. Together for eight years and engaged for two, Maxine is an event manager and Karstan a coal miner. They’re the adventurous couple this season and wanted to be able to tick The Block off their bucket list. I expect the nice-couple exterior might get a few cracks in it before too long.
4. Brothers Shannon and Simon are using The Block Glasshouse as a bonding experience, after painter Shannon went overseas for 10 years and missed out on family time. Now he’s back and ready to patch things up with his plumber brother – and with two trades under their belt I reckon these two are the ones to watch!
5. Chris and Jenna. A cabinet maker and video editor, this self-employed couple have been married for over four years and have a ‘make it happen’ approach to life. These two like to keep it real and are ready for harsh criticisms from the judges if it comes their way.
6. Scott Cam heads up The Block Glasshouse and is joined by co-host Shelley Craft, Foreman Keith Schleiger and judges Neale Whitaker, Shaynna Blaze and Darren Palmer.
The Block Glasshouse premieres this Sunday, July 27 at 6.30pm on Channel 9!
Want to know more about The Block? Read our ultimate guide to every season!